Information on Young members in UNISON and what UNISON can do to help you. This page will be updated with information about specific campaigns to Young Members.
If you are not already a member of UNISON we want you to join our winning team. Why? Because working together means we can:
- make a positive difference to your pay, conditions, and workplace
- support each other when things go wrong at work
- build a more effective union that gets things done
For most of us being a young worker is a fantastic experience – a satisfying job, learning new skills, making money and new friends. Sadly, for many young people it just isn’t like that. Low pay, dangerous jobs, harassment, and bullying can make working a nightmare.
- organises to win improved working conditions and pay
- campaigns for better rights, and
- actively challenges harassment, bullying and inequality.
Over 75,000 young workers have already made the decision to join UNISON. They are already making a significant impact in the union’s bargaining and campaigning agenda.